DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Leatherneck Simulations
This Limited Heatblur Store exlusive Pre-Order Edition includes:
- DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Digital Download
- A chance to get your name and callsign on one of the official liveries for the upcoming DCS F-14 Module. (4 customers will be randomly chosen on Viggen release day).
This product launches in Early Access on January 27th, 2017!
The AJS-37 Viggen is a Swedish double-delta supersonic attack aircraft from the late Cold War. It was the backbone of the Swedish Air Force during the Cold war, serving as the main attack and anti-ship platform.
The AJS is the 90’s upgrade of this 70’s era aircraft, adding several advanced weapons and systems functionalities. The aircraft was designed around the pilot, with an excellent man-machine interface, supporting the pilot through the smart use of autopilot systems and HUD symbology in order to deliver the ordnance onto targets from treetop level with high speed attack runs.
Developed in association with Eagle Dynamics and The Fighter Collection, our recreation of the Viggen is the most comprehensive and detailed representation of this aircraft ever created.
Key Features of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen include:
- Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit.
- Extensive and highly detailed aircraft modelling systems such as:
- CK37 aircraft computer with navigation data, time on target, and fuel calculation systems.
- Data input / output interface and pre-planned data cartridge functionality.
- Automatic dead reckoning navigation and terrain contour matching position update system.
- Flight instrument systems.
- Electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced RM-8A jet engine modelling with thrust reverser, compressor surges and stalls.
- Sophisticated high-resolution air-to-ground radar technology modelling the PS-37/A radar including:
- Multiple radar amplifications and filter settings.
- Obstacle detection mode.
- Memory mode.
- Air-to-Air mode.
- Highly accurate advanced flight model based on real performance data and documentation.
- Maritime reconnaissance capabilities to determine position, course and speed of vessels.
- Advanced programmable weapons such as the RB-15F anti-ship missile with multiple waypoints and the configurable BK-90 “Mjolnir” Cluster munitions dispenser.
- Detailed modelling of over 14 unique weapons and miscellaneous stores with multiple versions and delivery methods, ranging from rockets, bombs, to advanced air-to-ground missiles such as the command-guided RB-05A and the TV-guided RB-75 “Maverick” missiles.
- Comprehensive 400+ page flight manual.
- Extensive interactive & voiced training tutorials.
- Several campaigns and missions including:
- Caucasus campaign
- Mini NTTR DACT campaign
- Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.
- Instant action and single player missions
Some features may not be available immediately at Early Access.
This is the product of several years of passion and dedication.
We hope you will have as fun learning and flying the aircraft as we have had recreating it!